It’s been a big week for the publishing of tarot and oracles and such at Casa Art and Words. Besides receiving first hot-off-the-press copies of the Sacred World Oracle (which is now available for pre-order on Amazon), I’m pleased to announce that the Goddess Tarot android app has finally been rereleased. This update was to address compatibility issues that arose from the last Android operating system update. I fear it was a rather complicated process. That written, my wonderful developers at NewGenApps have done their best to catch every last bug and software conflict. (Can I hear a hearty hooray?)
If you already own the Android app, the update is automatically available for free. If you don’t own it, here’s more good news: to celebrate, both the Goddess Tarot Android and iPhone apps are discounted 50% for the next two weeks, through August 6, 2013; instead of $3.99, both apps are now $1.99. On top of this, I’ve discounted THE BOOK OF GODDESSES, the book that started it all, 50% at $2.99 (regular price $6.99) on Amazon, BN.com, and iBooks. Much of the art from the Goddess Tarot was adapted from THE BOOK OF GODDESSES.
So go forth and get inspired!
… is here. At last!
While the Sacred World Oracle isn’t available yet on Amazon for pre-order, it will be by September 1st.* In the meantime, I’m raffling off one deck for advance enjoyment. To enter, leave a comment below by midnight August 1st. (If the form isn’t showing, click here and scroll to bottom.)
The small print: Winner will be chosen at random and announced on this site Friday, August 2nd. One entry per person. Sorry, US mailing addresses only.
*ETA: The Amazon pre-order link was just added! Learn more or pre-order here.
To mark the holidays, THE BOOK OF GODDESSES e-book is on sale for $3.99. It’s usually priced at $9.99 so this is quite the coup! It can be purchased from Amazon, BN.com, iBookstore US and UK, and can even be given as a gift. I think it would make quite the delectable stocking stuffer for a new e-reader.
Drawing inspiration from the many goddesses honored throughout history, this lavishly illustrated, greatly expanded anniversary edition of Kris Waldherr’s beloved classic pays homage to one hundred of these revered women.
THE BOOK OF GODDESSES is a celebration of the Divine Feminine. Drawing inspiration from the many goddesses honored throughout history, this visually stunning book exquisitely presents one hundred goddesses from traditions and cultures all over the world, along with their stories and symbolic significance. This expanded anniversary edition is structured around the important feminine rites of passage: beginnings, love, motherhood, creativity, strength, and transformations. THE BOOK OF GODDESSES is a testament to the power, passion, wisdom, and beauty of women everywhere, in all stages of life.
With over 130 illustrations and personally designed by Kris Waldherr.
To learn more, click here. And thank you for your support of my work!
Now that the latest draft of THE LILY MAID is in my agent’s able hands, you might be wondering what’s next at Chez Art and Words. Here’s the latest, accompanied by a side of holiday news:
1. Last week I was delighted to learn I’ll be speaking at the Historical Novel Society conference next year as part of a panel discussing literary versus genre historical fiction. I’ll be in illustrious company: my co-panelists include Mary Sharratt (ILLUMINATIONS), Christy English (HOW TO TAME A WILLFUL WIFE), Michelle Cameron (THE FRUIT OF HER HANDS), and Mitchell James Kaplan (BY FIRE, BY WATER).
2. I’ve begun mapping out work for several new digital projects. These include an enhanced e-book of THE LOVER’S PATH (think interactive maps, animated love letters) and an iPhone 5 update for the Goddess Tarot app. I’ve never created an enhanced e-book, so I’m excited to be stretching my tech muscles.
3. I’ve also also been preparing the garden for winter. So far I’ve pruned the fig tree, the honeysuckle, lilacs and roses, as well as cleared away the outdoor furniture. Later, Thea and I plan to plant some bulbs for spring. These activities feel an apt metaphor for how I feel after finishing this draft of THE LILY MAID: the work has been harvested; now it’s time to go fallow to prepare for the next flowering.
4. Even so inspiration has started to toy with me. Yup, I’ve a new idea for a novel. Too soon to talk about it, though I’ve a title and have visualized the first scenes and characters. However, I’m not ready to start writing yet—the well needs to refill a bit more.
5. Finally, in time for the holidays, I’ve updated this site to include prints, mugs, goddess journals, and other gifts. There’s even Doomed Queens-themed ceramic travel mug, for the more cynically inclined. These products are produced exclusively by Cafe Press and are beautifully printed. I hope you’ll take a moment to check out all the gift-worthy goodness!